Sonntag, 15. Juni 2014

Culture days

The upcoming week we are finally having the Culture days at College, and I managed to make up my mind on which presentations I want to attend. As for my “homeculture” I picked The Boston Tea Party,The KKK and Mafia in the USA as the titles seem quite interesting to me. Furthermore I want to attend The life of Native Americans: before and during the interference of the settlers.  I'm also going to see Undocumented: Illegal Immigrants in the USA because the topic of immigration is related to my own paper and therefore quite interesting to me. The last two presentation from my homeculture I will attend are The Origin of the Chinese American culture and Private prisons: The booming business in America. The second one because I already got to read Hannah's paper and found it interesting as well as shocking as she showed how prisoners are exploited as cheap work forces in American prisons.
From the Irish culture I will attend The popularised Leprechaun, Irish as an official EU language and Is Irish a dying language? Because I'm interested in the Irish language and want to know if and how it is still practiced today.


I really enjoyed working on my culture project because we had the possibility to freely write about a topic we found interesting. I just wished we would have had the presentations a little earlier and not in the week of finals. There are so many more presentations I would really like to visit but frankly I cant even afford visiting the obligatory number of presentation without getting into time management issues for studying for my finals which unfortunately spoils this really great idea a little.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen