Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013

Places on my list

Last time in English class we were ask to write at least two travel related blog posts over Christmas-break and it was suggested we should get creative and maybe blog about places we haven't been to yet and would like to visit. So this is what I' doing now, a list of places I really want to visit, of course it's just a small selection of them because the world is big and I love to travel but these are the top ones on my list:


Los Angeles and the rest of California

This is a trip I have been procrastinating for so long now.. The reason is that L.A. is somewhat intimidating and by that I mean transport. This city consists out of many towns who were merged together into the greater Los Angeles area. Also public transport is not developed very well and you definitely need a car if you go there. I wanna do the typical tourist things there, like Hollywood, the Getty Center, Venice beach, Griffith observatory and so on. Later on I also want to visit other places in California such as San Diego which is said to be the nicest city in the U.S. And drive up the coast-line to San Francisco.
Los Angeles




San Diego

Tehran

While what we mostly get about the Iranian Capital in the media is negative I believe there is more to it. I have been watching some documentaries about Tehran and this city somehow fascinates me. Not only I'm fascinated by Oriental culture and architecture Tehran also seems to be a modern vibrant City that is much more peaceful than it is presented to us in the West. I really wanna go there someday because it looks beautiful and exciting.


Tehran


Athens

I only have been to Athens once for some hours to see Syntagma Square and the Acropolis (I blogged about it in a previous post). Greece is one of my favorite countries to go in Europe. I like going to southern Europe in general and while western countries like Spain are just as beautiful, especially the south with the Arabic influenced architecture, the south east is what I like most. Athens is the biggest city in the Balkans that offers a lot of culture and history, seeing as Greece is such an important country historically. I'm actually just about to book a flight there.

Athens


Panama-City

I've heard a lots of great things about Panama from people who were there and the capital with it's impressive skyline is something I really wanna see someday.

Panama- City
                               



Vlorë and Tiranë

I know Albania is usually not the place that comes to most people's minds when they think of a vacation but if we are honest most people don't know much about this country. But maybe this is going to change in some years. The country advertises itself as “a new Mediterranean love” and Europe's last hidden treasure. And especially the South has great touristic potential. What many people don't know is that the Albanian riviera is actually pretty nice. While the beaches in the North such as Durrës are overcrowded and not that good the ones in the south like in Vlorë and Dhërmi offer you white sand and bright blue water. Tirana on the other hand is just my personal interest because I'm learning the language am interested in the Balkans.
Beach in Vlorë

Tirana




Dubai

A place I also wanna see anytime soon to see this almost unrealistic splendid world

Dubai








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen