Sonntag, 17. November 2013

California-style Pizza

I want to introduce what was my favorite place to eat at when I was on vacation in New York three years ago. First of all New York City has wide range of excellent places for dining in every price class. What I really liked for example where the many Delis scattered around town. Delis are some kind of mix between grocery stores and fast food restaurants which often sell ethno-food depending on the area they are in. I liked the ones focusing on Jewish specialities like Katz' Deli a restaurant on the Lower East Side serving kosher styled food and corned beef sandwiches too big to fit into your mouth. The place is especially famous for being the location of a certain scene from the movie “When Harry met Sally”.
As cool as this place was it was not my favorite. An American friend of mine gave us the tip to pay a visit to the “California Pizza Kitchen” mostly referred to as CPK. So what about this place? CPK is not your normal Italian place serving Magherita and Calzone. They serve California-style pizzas. Which means a thin crust topped off with ingredients of the Californian cuisine. This results in very innovative and for us unusual kinds of pizzas since most restaurants wouldn't put lettuce on their pizzas.
Some examples are the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza the Thai Chicken, and the California club pizza which is my favorite it is topped with chicken, mozarella, bacon, lettuce and avocados. When my cousin went on a Canada/US-East-Coast trip this year I told her to check this place out and she ended up eating there four times. When she came home we even tried to prepare the California Club Pizza at home and it didn't turn out that bad. I'm definitely planning on going to this place again when I'm in the States the next time and can only recommend it!!




Our attempt at a California-Club Pizza

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen